Welcome to Manistee High School
From our new state-of-the-art facilities, to our academic programs, to our ever increasing list of athletic opportunities, clubs, and activities, Manistee High School is truly emerging as one of the premier high school experiences in the State of Michigan. The staff and administration work hard to provide top quality instruction and extracurricular opportunities for students.
The mission of Manistee High School is to educate and challenge all students to their highest level of achievement in relevant programs of study while nurturing the development of physical and emotional maturity, social responsibility, and a positive self-image
Points of Pride
It is the policy of the Manistee Area Public Schools to provide an equal opportunity for all students to learn through the curriculum offered in this district
- Our state of the art facility supports excellent curricular and extracurricular programs.
- The new Community Pool expands curricular and extracurricular programs. Partnering with West Shore Medical Center brings community health and wellness programs to our campus.
- Every Freshman receives a laptop. We are in the 3rd year of a 4 year plan to implement 1-to-1 computing for all high school students.
- Our classroom instructional technology facilitates 21st Century methods of learning.
- Use of a web-based instructional environment which delivers curriculum in a 21st Century format while increasing available resources for students and teachers in and out of school.
- We utilize Professional Learning Communities to drive and support the implementation of the Michigan Merit Curriculum.
In Manistee Area Public Schools we want all students to become:
- Responsible citizens who are ethical, productive members of a global society; take responsibility for their own actions and physical well-being; are environmentally conscious; and contribute their time; energies, and talents for the improvement of their community and the quality of life for all.
- Effective communicators who posses skills in written, visual, and spoken skills.
- Self-confident individuals who demonstrate a positive self-image and are caring, sensitive and flexible human beings. Life long learners understand that learning is a process, not an event.